Square Enix today announced fans of the popular Kingdom Hearts series will be able to experience a new 3-D adventure next year with the North American and European release of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, specifically for the Nintendo 3DS.
See the announcement trailer below!
The new game’s spectacular story promises to be a fun backdrop to the colorful cast of Disney characters making their 3-D debut on a handheld title. In addition to new worlds, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance will feature never-before-seen gameplay elements for the series.
King Mickey and Yen Sid prepare for an impending threat by putting Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery exam. Sora and Riku are sent into the Sleeping Worlds, where they will face enemies and allies that have never been seen before. If they can successfully complete the task they are given, they will be deemed true Keyblade Masters.
• Dual protagonists – Play as the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
• “Free-flow” action – Enjoy fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
• Brand-new creatures – Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
• New Disney worlds – Beloved Disney worlds and characters, such as La Cité des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), make their series debut.
• Story progression – With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
See screenshots and artwork below!