At GDC 2013, Epic Games released the Unreal Engine 4 "Infiltrator" demo, running 100% in-engine in real time, showing off UE4's high-end rendering features as well as the latest tools!
(Sourced from Geoforce) For those interested in the technology behind Infiltrator's impressive demonstration, here’s a brief overview of the features on show:
- New material layering system, which provides unprecedented detail on characters and objects.
- Dynamically lit particles, which can emit and receive light.
- High-quality temporal anti-aliasing, eliminating jagged edges and temporal aliasing.
- Thousands of dynamic lights with tiled deferred shading.
- Adaptive detail levels with artist-programmable tessellation and displacement.
- Millions of particles colliding with the environment using GPU simulation.
- Realistic destructibles, such as walls and floors.
- Physically based materials, lighting and shading.
- Full-scene High Dynamic Range reflections with support for varying glossiness.
- Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) profiles for realistic lighting distributions.
See the demo below!