Recently, Namco Bandai announced a new competition where they search for the best designer out of all of you, to design a shield which will be featured in the upcoming Dark Souls II game.
The submission and voting period for shield designs will begin on April 15th and run through May 13th. Beginning May 14th no further submissions will be taken and the contest enters into a voting only phase until May 20th. On May 20th the shield designs that receive the most fan votes will be submitted for a final round of judging by the Dark Souls II development team. The FromSoftware development team will select the final six winning shield designs to be included within the final game. The winners will be announced at San Diego Comic Con taking place from July 18th through the 21st.
The six lucky winners will be able to engage in battle with their friends online while proudly bearing the shield of their own design. Other players will also be able to carry the shields designed by their compatriots into battle.
See details below on how you can enter too:
- Become a fan on the official Dark Souls II Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/darksouls
- Check out the Shield Design Facebook application
- Download the blank shield template
- Create up to three original masterpieces of heraldic design
- Submit your finished designs via Facebook before May 20, 2013
See new box art for Dark Souls II below!