Grin Studio's recently announced that Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries is now available on Steam early access! The game is scheduled to be released on March 16th.
Following a successful Kickstarter campaign, Grin Studios has been hard at work on its first PC title, Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries, a cinematic fable featuring a vengeful Red Riding Hood.
- A twisted fairy tale story – GRIN’s take on the Red Riding Hood legacy is not an ordinary bedtime story. Four years ago, Red Riding Hood’s father, Joseph, lead engineer for Woolfe Industries, died in a work accident. At least, that’s what his family was told. All grown up, our heroine is ready to unveil the truth and present the bill for her tragic loss.
- A Rich, Visual Experience – Woolfe's atmospheric artwork lets the player explore a rich fantasy universe centered around a city paralyzed with fear and occupied by tin soldiers. Sneak through the slums, descend into the city sewer system, run through the harbor and escape the city into an evil forest, where gravity, wolves and scary fairies are out to get you.
- 2.5D Action-Platforming – The tale’s 2.5D levels combine the simplicity of side scrolling gameplay with three-dimensional puzzles.
- Fast, Axe Wielding Combat – Armed with her trusty axe, Red will need to skillfully execute combos to strike at her foes' weaknesses.
- Deranged Fairytale Enemies – On her journey, Red faces some bloody encounters with “familiar fairytale faces” such as The Pied Piper, tin soldiers, big bad wolves, scary fairies and – of course – her nemesis B.B. Woolfe.
See the trailer below!
See new screenshots below! (Clicking on an image opens the gallery for easier viewing).