With the latest trailer for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 having just dropped, I don't know about you, but I'm extremely hyped for it, so read on as I give my thoughts on the latest trailer.
In the original you played as a Time Patroller, wished for by Future Trunks to help correct the Dragon Ball timeline and it looks as though history's about to repeat itself in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2.
For those who haven't played the original Xenoverse title, you could create your own character from one of the following races; Human, Saiyan, Namek, Frost Demon (Frieza's race) and Majin (That's right, the very race of creature that almost single-handedly wiped out the Universe, except this time they'll be saving it).
Check out the latest trailer below:
Right off the bat at the 0:50 mark, we see none other than the Legendary Super Saiyan Broly being controlled by Towa. With fan service present almost immediately, I'm definitely looking forward to the movie tie-ins. Up next, Cooler steps up into the fight between Super Saiyan Goku and Frieza. Plus, it looks like an all star team-up between Turles and Lord Slug as both eat fruit from the Tree of Might! Needless to say, it's not looking good for our heroes...
At 0:58 we get a glimpse of Time Breaker Bardock who has so far only appeared in the Japanese arcade game - Dragon Ball Heroes. I'm hyped for this especially as the tragic story of Bardock has always been one of my favourites, so I don't know about you but I can't wait to see what they're doing with him!
I feel the transformations are the most important aspect to talk about right now, so below I've broken them down and given reasons as to why I'm looking forward to this game and why you should be too!
- At 2:15 we can see a Saiyan Time Patroller turn Super Saiyan 3. I'm a little bias towards Saiyans so am most excited for this one! Our Saiyans may not be Gods like Goku and Vegeta but I don't remember Vegeta hitting Super Saiyan 3......Vegeta fans, don't kill me, I'm one of you!
- At 2:18 we see a Human Time Patroller don a Power Pole and Nimbus. This to me is most interesting because it's not a physical transformation, but will still enable your character to go toe-to-toe with the likes of Beerus the Destroyer.
- At 2:22 we see a fat male Majin Time Patroller undergo a Kid Buu type transformation. As it stands it's unconfirmed if female Majins will get the same transformation, but we can only hope at this point.
- At 2:27 a Namek Time Patroller transforms into a Great Namek just like Lord Slug. As a Great Namek, your character can grow to the size of a Great Ape, making these some of your most equal opponents in both size and strength. Of note, I've never used a Namek in Xenoverse before but am very interested in seeing what we'll be able to do this time around.
- Last, but not least, at 02:30 we can see a Frost Demon Time Patroller shimmer into a golden form just like Frieza from the most recent movie. You'll need the strength of a God to take this on!
I'm unsure as to what bonuses these transformations will give to your in-game stats just yet, but I'm sure we'll find out soon and as someone who loved the original, the release of October 28th can't come soon enough.
If you're not as excited as I already am, below you can find the two previously released trailers.
Are you looking forward to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2? Agree with the article? Let us know in the comments below or hit me up on Twitter @L0rd_Dann
You can also find us on our Social Networks: